As our winter break is winding down, I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on and make some goals for the new year. Goal setting is so important and such a powerful way to achieve new and better things.
My Art Goals for 2017:
1. Finish manuscript for my second book; Robot's Artageous Egyptian Adventure. I actually just finished typing the manuscript in the correct format and my next step is to add the text to the scanned images.
2. Send the completed manuscript/pages to a publisher. :) Some of the considerations are https://www.boydsmillspress.com/bmp/contact-us , Other publishers, Dial books
3. Start my third Book ROBOT GOES TO CHINA! I can't wait to start this one because Chinese New Year is coming up! Chinese New year is on January 28th this year and it is the year of the Rooster! I can't wait to celebrate with my classes by studying Asian Art and Culture when we get back to school!
4. Meet with my resource team and other grade level teams more often to try to do more cross curricular lessons.
5. Write a donors choose for more Lego- iPads. I really would love to have a class set of iPads. :)
6. NEW SKETCHBOOK!!! One of my fourth grade students heard me say that my sketchbook was almost full and he went out and bought me a new one!! How sweet, right? I drew him this and I hope to do lots of sketching/art challenges this year with it. I have always been interested in figure/portrait studies. Maybe I can develop a series.
I also have some personal goals for the year.
-I want to work on my art and join more of the twitter chats on Thursday night.
-Work with my son on some academic social goals for school. He started kindergarten with me with year at my school and it was been a joy and a challenge. He has an IEP for developmental delays in his social learning. We also just found out that he is far sighted (even though is an extremely talented artist and excellent reader) and is being evaluated for any other social/emotional delays. I want to learn how i can do my best to help him be successful in all areas including at school and home.
What are your goals/resolutions for the new Year! Good luck!!!